How to increase height after 18
The age of 18 is the transition stage between childhood and adulthood. During the adolescent period, several hormonal changes take place within the human body. It indeed is good news that an individual During grows 2 to 6 inches taller even after turning 18. Scientists have discovered that the human body is capable to further grow and develop. Therefore, there is a possibility to increase height after 18 years with some external help.
It is recommended to have a healthy breakfast always. Skipping breakfast is not at all a healthy option for your growth and hence your height. Having proper breakfast boosts your metabolism and thus has a positive effect on your height also.
Proper nutrition is absolutely vital for a healthy body. Most people fail to reach their maximum height at the age of 18 due to inadequate nutrition. To get proper nutrition, it is necessary to follow a balanced diet. Consumption of essential nutrients provides the required stimulus for increasing the body height both naturally and medically. Apart from these points, including food items rich in zinc, manganese, and phosphorus also contributes to your height.
3.Have Adequate Sleep and Rest:
Proper sleep and rest plays a vital role in overall growth and development. Teenagers require at least 8.5 to 11 hours of sleep every night. This is because the body grows and regenerates tissues during sleep. Moreover, the human growth hormone, which is responsible for increasing height, is produced while sleeping. Hence, proper sleep and rest are mandatory for height gain.
4.Frequent, Smaller Meals
Have six small meals in a day instead of three in order to boost your metabolism. The results of your height gain regime even after the age of 18 years and the amount of human growth hormone produced depends on what you eat. Therefore, it is important to ensure that you are getting the necessary vitamins, minerals, and protein required for attaining full height naturally.
5.Exercise and Yoga Regime:
Exercise is a vital factor in increasing your height after 18 years of age. Simple exercises like skipping, hanging from an overhead bar, and stretching the body by standing on your toes should be part of your daily workout routine. Additionally, sporting activities like basketball, football and swimming are also beneficial for increasing height. Yoga is also very effective.
- Maintain Ideal Body Weight:Obesity can have an adverse effect on your height. Obesity can cause several health problems too. Hence, it is important to maintain the ideal body weight by following a balanced diet and a proper exercise regime.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Water flushes out toxins from your body and aids in digestion. Therefore, at least drink 8 glasses of water every day is recommended for better health.
- Avoid Growth Inhibitors: Teenagers often adopt the habit of smoking and drinking without realizing the adverse effects on their growth. Antibiotics, drugs, cigarettes, and alcohol act as growth inhibitors; therefore, avoid them to grow taller naturally even after the age of 18.
- Practice Good Posture: To increase height even after the age of 18, a good posture can play a vital role in the development and increasing height. Always try to keep your head and neck aligned in a straight posture. Bending and slouching causes your spinal cord to suppress normal height.
- Avoid Smoking and Drinking: Indulging in smoking and drinking suppresses your primary growth. It initiates your secondary growth which adversely affects your height. Hence, it is better to refrain from immoral activities.
Here are all the tips on how to increase height after 18 in men & women. Fortunately, it is possible to increase height after 18 years is possible by following the above-mentioned steps. In spite of this, if your height has not increased much in between the time before and after puberty, it advisable to get medical help in order to get to the root of the problem.